OK, so Jan 31, hubby decided we should have scalloped potatoes for dinner, and found me a recipe while he cooked the rest of the meal.
Unfortunately, neither of us really looked at the cooking time carefully.... oops... we ended up eating them Monday.
- slice potatoes really really thin
- In a pot, place diced onions, two cloves of garlic diced, and a 1/4 cup butter. simmer.
- Add milk (a cup maybe?) to the onion/butter/garlic
- Add flour (I think 1/4 cup)
- Simmer until it thickens
- In a Large baking dish, layer the mixture and the scalloped potatoes
- bake covered for 45 minutes at.... um.... 350 maybe?
This was where we stopped reading... when we started cooking, dinner was about... oh... 45 minutes away. Then the next line said this:
- Remove cover and bake and additional 45 minutes.
we made rice. and did the second bake the next night, and had them on Monday.