Thursday 9 April 2009

April Blues

Here it is mid-April. My American friends have their boats merrily bobbing at the end of a dock, but poor Iris is still sitting in her cradle in the backyard waiting for launch. It will be about a month before she goes in the lake. I haven't even called the marina about a launch day, nor have I called a hauler about moving her to the lake. I so behind on the pre-launch stuff that I wanted to have sorted out that its depressing.

I need to get the teak all sanded and stained this weekend, and then reinstall it. I need to sort out the electrical, clean out the interior, and get her back in summer trim. I need to finish installing the solar vent in the head. I need to tear down the lower end of the outboard and rebuild it.

What I need is to have time on my hands and good weather. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I hope I get the solar vent and wood work done this weekend. Then I'll just have the outboard and electrical left to sort out.

We'll have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!