Monday 27 April 2009

Weekend Work

Well Saturday was beautiful, and it would have been perfect for working on Iris but alas, car troubles had me spend most of the day on other things. I did manage to get the oil lamp properly installed in the cabin though, so at least I can take that off the to-do list.

On Sunday I was unbearably rude to our guests and spent the day tearing down the outboard. I replaced the water pump, and tried to put the shaft seal in, but there was no way I could reach it. This morning I stopped by the local Evinrude/Johnson dealer and was told that there is a special tool for that job. The tool is $85 or the labour to replace the seal is $90...

The Johnson dealership will call back when the seal is replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!