The nice thing about DIY vacations is that the schedule can be flexible. We are taking advantage of that.
I thought it would be good for SWMBO to stop in and say hi to her grandparents before we head off, and while down in the city, she can swap our 2 monoculars for pair of binoculars. Hopefully they will stay intact.
While she is in the City, I will pack the boat and build a mast crutch. Our revised plan is to leave Jackson's point tomorrow afternoon. This would mean the following plan:
- Arrive JP tonight and (mostly) pack the boat.
- Go back in the morning and install the tether for Buddy, Build a mast crutch, and buy the rest of the groceries while SWMBO goes and gets new Binoculars and sees Grandma and Grandpa.
- Finish packing the boat.
- Cobble together a mount for the fishfinder.
- Drop off a vehicle in Barrie.
- Hug SWMBO and head off.
If things go well tonight; which is to say I leave work on time, and we get things figured out for packing, and we get a decent grocery list together, we should get out around noon tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Our plan as it stands right now is:
Wednesday the 12th
- Noon-ish: Leave JP headed for Orillia
- Drop Mast in Atherly area
- Tomorrow evening: Arrive Orillia, possibly stay at Washago/Severn Bridge.
Thursday the 13th
- Early: Leave Washago and head down the canal
- Late: Arrive Gloucester Pool
Friday the 14th
- Early: Leave Gloucester Pool
- Mid-Morning: Arrive Doral Marine Resort & plug in.
- Raise Mast
- Call Patti
- Check in with the family.
The butterflies are growing. I'm getting a little more excited...