Tuesday 22 September 2009

Vacation - Navigating

Unknowingly, for most of the vacation, every time I pointed out a red dayMARKER triangle, I called it a dayLIGHTING triangle.  Hubby chuckled, then corrected me after about six days.

(this is probably only funny to the two people who read this blog and know what I do for a living, but whatever... )

All the green squares, I still called daymarkers.

A good pair of binoculars was invaluable.

All crew members should know of hazards... If I'd looked at the chart before we hit ground, I would have been more aware of what to look for.  I also probably would have gone to the bow and sent Chuck to look after her brother, had I realized how tight the entrance was.

A person with good eyesight is important when looking for far off markers.

It should be illegal to paint garages / boat houses / etc along the shores either red or green.  You have no idea how many times I thought I saw the marker, only to discover it was someone's boat garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!